Sunday, September 8, 2013

Body Scrub

Simple Sugar Body Scrub Recipe...

This simple sugar body scrub recipe is one of my favorite things to make. I always have a jar of it in my shower and use it almost daily. The recipe is so simple and only takes a couple minutes to whip up. You can easily double, triple, etc., this recipe, but I like to make small batches so is stays fresh. I noticed one time that I made too big of a batch and didn't use it all up in time and the jar in the shower started to get some mold in it.* ...


So, I stick with small batches that only take me a couple weeks to use. Also, you can make the same scrub using salt instead of sugar, but it’s important to understand that for some people, salt scrubs can be very drying to the skin. If you’re like me and suffer from dry skin, then it’s better to skip the salt and use sugar instead. 1/2 cup turbinado sugar 1/4 cup coconut oil 1/4 cup sweet almond oil 5-10 drops of essential oil, optional I really like using vanilla and peppermint...



 Mix the sugar and oils together and transfer to a container with a tight sealing lid. Use in the shower to exfoliate dry, itchy skin. I use mine almost daily and have never had any problems. The oil seals in the moisture on your skin and makes it feel silky smooth. (Make sure you wipe down the shower floor with some soap and water after you use it oily floors and showers don’t mix well! ...

No comments:

Post a Comment