Healthy Hormonal Foundation
If the foundation of kundalini awakenings and life in general is sex and growth hormones, then it stands to reason that to both fuel an awakening and to prevent its premature end and burnout we need to strengthen our hormonal system.
L-Arginine a non-essential amino acid commonly found in the diet, is an oxidative precursor of nitric oxide (NO). Arginine is a safer and cheaper way to support NO production than Viagra. Like Viagra, the amino acid arginine increases blood flow to the genital area, potentially increasing sex organ sensation and enhancing the pleasure of sex. The concentration of L arginine can be a limiting factor to both our NO metabolism and the production of Human Growth Hormone. Arginine plays an important role in cell division, the healing of wounds, removing ammonia from the body, immune function, and the release of hormones. According to beyond-a-century.com L-Ornithine is about twice as effective at releasing Growth Hormone as L-Arginine.
Arginine synthesis mainly occurs via the intestinal Ðrenal axis, wherein epithelial cells of the small intestine, which produce citrulline primarily from glutamine and glutamate, collaborate with the proximal tubule cells of the kidney. These extract citrulline from the circulation and convert it to arginine, which is returned to the circulation. Consequently, impairment of small bowel or renal function can reduce endogenous arginine synthesis, thereby increasing the dietary requirement.
Warning Until we are informed differently by science I strongly suggest that Arginine, Ornithine, Histadine and possibly Glutamine supplementation be avoided during peak kundalini to reduce nitric oxide toxicity and prevent excessive histamine metabolism. However supplementation of these amino acids may be very important during the exhaustion phase and after. Also because of its ability to increase human growth hormone HGH people with any kind of cancer or herpes infection e.g., cold sores, chicken pox, shingles), or a history of herpes, should not take L-arginine supplements and avoid food sources of arginine including chocolate, beer, grain cereals, meats, seeds, nuts, and beans.
Choline It is the neurotransmitter acetylcholine ACh that carries the sexual message in the cholinergic nerve transmission of sexual response. ACh also seems to control sexual behavior through its activity in the brain. Increase ACh levels, and sexual activity goes up granted the availability of partners that is). ACh is involved in the build-up toward orgasm and the urethral and vaginal contractions that occur during orgasm as well as orgasm intensity and duration. Acetylcholine is also the primary chemical the body uses to transmit signals from nerves to skeletal muscles, so this chemical is needed for muscular control and proper muscle tone, and will enhance energy and stamina. Supplemental choline is taken along with vitamin B5, for the manufacture of more ACh in the body.
Vitamin B5 pantothenic acid enhances endurance by its role in creating ACh from choline and its role in the energy-producing Krebs' Cycle, which is vital for all living cells.
Black Cohosh Cimicifuga racemosa acts at the hypothalamic and pituitary level, resulting in a decrease in Luteinizing Hormone (LH). LH in women promotes estrogen and progesterone secretion, and maintains ovarian tissues. In men, LH stimulates Leydig cells in the testes to secrete testosterone. With aging LH levels normally rise with age in both men and women as hypothalamic estrogen receptors become less sensitive to feedback inhibition. Black cohosh suppresses LH to more youthful levels, perhaps by improving estrogen and progesterone receptor sensitivity. Black Cohosh targets serotonin receptors which are used to regulate body temperature, so might be useful during the peak heat of kundalini.
Chaste Berry Vitex agnus castus helps to restore youthful gonadotropin levels in both sexes by acting at the hypothalamic level to increase secretion of LH and decreasing FSH, also causes a relative increase in progesterone and a relative decrease in estrogens.
Forskolin Coleus forskohlii activates the enzyme adenylate cyclase is incorporated into all cellular membranes which in turn, increases cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) in cells. Cyclic AMP is essential to synthesize and regulate thyroid hormones, growth hormone, cortisol, DHEA, testosterone, melatonin and other hormones.
Ginkgo Biloba for improved blood flow, enhance oxygenation of tissues, protect blood vessels from free radical damage, and restore elasticity and tone to the entire circulatory system. Researchers suggested that ginkgo worked to increase sex function by stimulating the release of nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is the primary messenger molecule that signals the blood vessels to dilate and sends blood to the corpus cavernosum to achieve and maintain an erection.
Ginseng As an adaptogen Ginseng's use in treating sexual dysfunction may be through direct improvement of the central nervous system and gonadal tissue. And through significantly altering the activity of hypothalamic catecholamines involved in sexual behavior and hormone secretion. There is increasing evidence for a role of nitric oxide in ginseng's ability to facilitate erection by directly inducing the vasodilatation and relaxation of penile corpus cavernosum. Increased levels of prolactin cause impotence studies show ginseng treatment decreased prolactin secretion and suggest a direct nitric oxide effect of ginseng on the pituitary.
Tribulus terrestris leads to increased production of the luteinizing hormone (LH) levels by 72%, and free testosterone levels by 41%. When LH levels are increased, the natural production of testosterone also increases along with sex drive. Protodioscine is a component of Tribulus that converts to DHEA, thereby improving sexual desire and enhances erection. The enhanced erection and aphrodisiac effects observed with tribulus are due to increases in the release of nitric oxide (NO) from the endothelium and nitrergic nerve endings. Tribulus may be the best resensitizer of the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal (HPG) axis of both men and women, reducing the requirement for hormone replacement therapy. As well as its receptor-sensitizing effects, it is likely that Tribulus can enhance the effectiveness of hormone replacement therapy, while reducing adverse effects and receptor downregulation.
Mucuna Pruriens is a natural source of L-Dopa. the chemical precursor of the neurotransmitter dopamine, which in turn is a precursor of norepinephrine. L-Dopa stimulates the dopamine and norepinephrine systems of the brain, boosting libido. It appears that higher levels of dopamine are associated with increased sexual interest. The natural L-Dopa in Macuna has been shown to convert into Dopamine in the brain. Dopamine stimulates the hypothalamus and pituitary to release growth hormone. Dopamine also regulates motor control, sex drive, immune function, fat gain and loss, lean muscle gain, bone density, energy levels, and the ability to sleep soundly. L-Dopa and Dopamine are also effective inhibitors of prolactin. Increased levels of the pituitary hormone Prolactin is a hormone released by the pituitary gland is considered responsible for 70Ð80% of erection failure in males.
Muira puama (Ptychopetalum olacoides) also called "potency wood," is a small Brazilian tree used as an aphrodisiac and sexual tonic for promoting virility, fertility, treating impotence and increasing libido. Other benefits include protection of brain cells, reduction in fatigue, improved sleep, and increased morning erections. Native people use the stems and roots from young plants as a tonic to treat neuromuscular problems; a root decoction is used in baths and massages for treating paralysis and beri-beri; and a root-and-bark tea is taken to treat sexual debility, rheumatism, cardiac and gastrointestinal weakness, nerve pain, menstrual disturbances, dysentery, depression, menstrual cramps, PMS, nerve pain, and central nervous system disorders.
Yohimbe is supposed to be the most effective herb for erections, however it is equivalent to 20 cups of coffee so it will trash your nerves. Heart palpitations and excitation with insomnia for up to 30 hours can happen after ingesting even a small amount of yohimbine (the alkaloid extract of yohimbe). Note that yohimbe does not increase testosterone and most yohimbe supplements contain "none" of the active ingredient yohimbine.
Long Jack Eurycoma Longifolia The safest & most potent herbal aphrodisiac in the world. It is rare to get the genuine item.
Red Flower Flos Catharmi Activates blood circulation to genitals, removes blood stasis and relieves pain.
Rhizoma Cucurmae Longae Helps to eliminate blood stasis, promote the flow of energy to genital areaandrelieves pain.
Horny Goat Weed Herba Epimedii A well-known herb that has been used for centuries to treat impotence,reinforce seminal emission, strengthen tendons, bones and limbs, relieve rheumatic conditions and for diabetes and Parkinson's. The way that horny goat weed works remains unknown, the plant has long been employed to restore sexual fire, boost erectile function, allay fatigue and alleviate menopausal discomfort.
Rou Cong Rong Herba Cistanches One of the most popular and potent tonic herbs that enhances sexual function, treats impotence and strengthens the back and knees.
Huang Qi Astragalus Membranaceus To reinforce "qi" and strengthen the superficial resistance; also helps to accelerate new tissue growth.
Other supplements for sex function include
Dong Quai, Damiana, Forskolin (Coleus forskohlii), Dodder Seed, FoTi, Gotu kola, Licorice root, Maca, Oat Grass Juice, Sarsaparilla, Saw palmetto. Fish oil (Omega 3) increases NO, papaya increases Arginine, Histidine, Vitamin B-6, Niacin, zinc,
selenium, magnesium.Top 10 Foods That Increase Sex Drive
Do you feel like your sex drive just isn’t what it used to be? You aren’t alone —many people feel that way at some point in their lives. In some cases, a decrease in libido may be due to a medical issue. For many people, however, the situation may be remedied without resorting to dangerous medications or other harmful supplements. These foods are natural, safe, and effective libido boosters.
1. Oysters - Oysters have long been suspected as a love drug. Cleopatra and Casanova had one thing in common, they loved oysters. Legend has it that Casanova ate dozens of oysters per day. The Venetian romancer once seduced a vestal virgin by seductively sliding an oyster from his mouth to hers. If that doesn’t get you in the mood, I don’t know what will! In fact, current research proves our suspicion. Oysters improves dopamine levels which boosts libido in men and women. Oysters are also high in zinc which is vital for testosterone production and healthy sperm.
2. Watermelon – Some experts have called watermelon the new Viagra. Bhimu Patil, researcher and director of the Fruit and Vegetable Improvement Center at Texas A&M University, stated eating watermelon delivers Viagra-like effects on blood vessels throughout the body and may increase libido! This cool refreshing fruit contains citrulline amino acid. Citruline is good for the cardiovascular system and helps relax the blood vessels that increase sex drive. 2 If you want to get in the mood, make this Watermelon Sorbet and share it with your partner. I’m all about the easy delicious recipes!
3. Chocolate - All chocolate comes from cacao bean. In its processed form it is known as cocoa. The Aztecs referred to cacao as nourishment of the Gods. Modern day foodies know raw cacao in its pure unadulteratedform is a superfood. It has more antioxidants than green tea or red wine. It also contains a stimulating chemical known as phenylethlamine, that stimulates the sense of excitement and well being. The Journal of Sexual Medicine published a study that found, women who enjoyed a piece of chocolate every day had a more active sex life than those who didn’t. I get my daily dose of raw cocoa with my Raw Cocoa Coconut Fudge Recipe. I eat it every day, and it’s literally a five minute recipe.
4. Asparagus - Known for its suggestive shape, asparagus is high in a B vitamin known as folate that aids in increasing the production of histamine. Histamine is important for a healthy sex drive in men and women.3 The most delicious asparagus is just picked, it is so sweet! Grow your own or buy it fresh and organic at your local farmers market.
5. Avacado - A recent report stated organic Sicilian avocados are taking Europe by storm. Apparently the Europeans can’t get enough of them. The ancient Aztec’s nickname for avocado was “ahuacatl,” or testicle because of the fruit’s shapely form. The Catholic Spanish priests found avocados so sexy, the forbade them to their parishioners.
6. Maca - Is known by many as Peru’s natural Viagra. Apparently this natural root has been known throughout Peru’s history as a sex enhancing root passed down by the Inca. According to Discovery Health’s medicine hunter Chris Kilam, the maca plant is used by the Peruvian culture to increase strength, stamina, energy, fertility and libido. Wow this sounds like a winning combination! Maybe I’ll start adding it to my morning smoothies.
7. Pumpkin seeds - Like oysters, pumpkin seeds are high in zinc which is essential for healthy sperm production and preventing testosterone deficiency in men. They are also loaded with libido vitamins and minerals like vitamin B, E, C, D, K and minerals including calcium, potassium, niacin and phosphorous.4 Next time Halloween comes around, now you know what to do with those left over pumpkin seeds, roast those babies.
8. Chiles - The stuff that makes chilies hot, capsaicin, can actually rev up your libido. Have you ever noticed a natural high when eating chilies? Capsaicin promotes the release of chemicals that can raise your heart rate and trigger the release of endorphins that give you a natural high, which pumps that libido!
9. Figs – Legend has it figs were one of Cleopatra’s favorite foods. According to Dr. Nalini Chilkov, L.Ac., O.M.D, figs have been prized as a sensual food for their resemblance of the female sex organs. The ancient Greeks valued figs more precious than gold and many cultures associated figs with fertility.
10. Garlic – Eating raw garlic may make your partner turn the other way in bed, but it can certainly stir up your sexual desire. The heat in garlic is what stirs up your libido. Garlic contains allicin, which is thought to increase blood flow to sexual organs. This trick doesn’t work overnight however, apparently you need to consume it for about a month to reap its rewards. If you can’t stand the raw garlic go for the capsules found at your local natural food market.