Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Recipe for Homemade Herbal Cold Care Capsules

A Recipe for Homemade Herbal Cold Care Capsules



I feel like my medicine chest isn’t complete without these homemade herbal cold care capsules.

Making my own allows me the freedom and joy of controlling the quality of ingredients. In fact, most of the herbs I use in this recipe come from my small backyard medicinal herb garden and are dried here in my own home. There’s nothing like knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt their potency!

How to Make Herbal Cold Care Capsules

This is one of my most effective and favorite remedies for combating minor cold and flu symptoms. After much research and trial on myself, family, and friends…I am sharing this recipe with you.

Supplies Needed

-The Capsule Machine (optional)
-”00″ gelatin or vegetable capsules

Ingredients

-1 part Echinacea angustfolia root powder
-1 part Rose hips powder
-1/2 part Thyme leaf and flower powder
-1/4 part Cayenne pepper powder

Method



1. In a non-reactive bowl, mix all of the herbal powders together until well combined.
2. With the use of The Capsule Machine, fill as many capsules as you think your family will use within a 6-12 month period. Note: Don’t have a Capsule Machine? It’s okay…simply scoop the powder into each piece of the capsule and pack it tight prior to recapping the ends.
3. Store the capsules in a small glass mason jar and place the lid on tight. Keep in a cool, dark, dry place. These capsules should stay fresh for 6-12 months.

Click here to read more about making your own homemade herbal capsules…

To Use: A couple of weeks ago I was beginning to develop a scratchy throat (The way my body warns me of a coming illness). After drinking a homemade immunity-building tea, I took 2 of my Herbal Cold Care capsules and went to bed early. Upon rising in the morning I took 2 more capsules and that was the end of that!

at the onset of illness take 1-2 capsules every 2-3 hours (do not take more than 9 capsules a day). This regime may be continued for 2 days — after that you should reduce the dosage to 2-3 capsules two to three times a day (taking no more than 6 caps a day).





-Based on what you have growing in your garden or in a local field, you may use a variety of medicinal herbs in combination to create your own Herbal Cold Care capsules.

-As an alternative, you may consider using powdered herbs such as:
Elderberries
Marshmallow root
Goldenseal root
Lemon balm
Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment